Microsorum Pteropus Sp. Narrow
Common Name: Microsorum Pteropus sp Narrow, Java Fern Narrow
Microsorum Pteropus Narrow features large and narrow leaves that are slightly ruffled for added texture. This aquarium plant produces a darker tone of green when compared to other Microsorum species and is equally minimal with care requirements, making it a popular choice amongst beginners and seasoned hobbyists alike.
Similar to other Java Fern plants, Sp. Narrow is also epiphytic and will grow well when attached to driftwood or stones. This listing comes with a Java Fern Narrow plant attached to an aquarium-safe plate that is ready to be plopped in your tank. Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Size: 3" x 10”+ (LxH)
Propagation: Separate rhizome and reattach
Growth Rate: Slow to moderate
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.