Bucephalandra Kedagang Green Long
Common Name: Bucephalandra Kedagang Green Long
Bucephalandra Kedagang Green Long is another variant of the Bucephalandra family. This aquarium plant features longer, slightly ruffled leaves along with bold green coloration. Bucephalandra Kedagang Green Long, like other Bucephalandra, is an easy plant that is perfect for beginners. It can be grown submerged or immersed in terrarium-like setups so long as sufficient humidity is available. Bucephalandra is known for slow growth, but CO2 injection along with medium lighting can help yield quicker propagation. Buce is an epiphytic aquarium plant, meaning it can grow properly by being attached to driftwood and rocks using thread or superglue to attach it.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the rockwool surrounding the roots and attach to hardscape. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Leaves: 1-2 cm
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome