Anubias Nana Bonsai
Common Name: Anubias Bonsai, Anubias Nana Petite, Anubias Nana Bonsai
Anubias Nana Bonsai is a great beginner plant due to it's extremely easy care requirements. Anubias Bonsai is characterized by its dazzling green, thick leaves. This unique species falls somewhere between Anubias Nana Petite and Anubias Nana in terms of size, making it the perfect choice for the midground of a planted aquarium. Like other Anubias plants, it can grow in both aquariums and terrariums either submerged or emersed.
Anubias Nana Bonsai is a flowering plant that grows best when the rhizome is attached to surfaces such as wood or stone. They have low to medium light requirements and can benefit from regular fertilization. CO2 is not necessary but can promote faster growth and more robust leaves. Since its a slow grower, the leaves are susceptible to algae growth if placed under high lighting.
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Light: Low to medium
CO2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate