Rotala Mexicana Bangladesh Tissue Culture
Common Name: Rotala Mexicana Bangladesh
Rotala Mexicana Bangladesh is a beautiful stem plant that offers bright green to reddish coloration depending on the care it is given. It is relatively easy to keep and its fine, thin pointed leaves provide good texture when planted in groups amongst other aquarium stem plants. Similar to other fine-leaved Rotala, Rotala Mexicana "Bangladesh" prefers good lighting, CO2 injection, and good nutrient supply. Its fast growth makes regular trimming necessary. An imbalance amount of nutrients will lead to stunted growth or discolored leaves.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut the stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast