Helanthium Quadricostatus (Echinodorus) TISSUE CULTURE
Common Name: Echinodorus Quadricostatus CHAIN SWORD
Formerly named, but also known as Echinodorus Quadricostatus, this light green aquatic plant is fairly easy to take care of and grows quite quickly. Helanthium Quadricostatus hails from South America and is characterized by its light-green leaves that grow to around 3-5". It looks beautiful when planted in groups, and gives a hedge-like bushy appearance in a planted tank. With consistent and good care, this plant spreads rapidly by producing runners and can be recommended for those looking to achieve quick coverage.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Split runners and replant