Echinodorus Ozelot Narrow Mini
Common Name: Ozelot Green Sword Mini
Ozelot Green Swords Mini are a colorful and bold plant perfect for mid accents. They are similar to the regular Ozelot Swords but the leaves are a bit narrower and the growth is more compact compared to the tall thin stalks of the regular.Ozelot sword plants can grow emersed or submerged, with emersed plants sometimes producing small white flowers above the surface.
Ozelot sword plants are not picky when it comes to water parameters, but they do need good, nutrient-rich soil in order to thrive. CO2 injection is not necessary for these plants. Moderate light will keep Ozelet swords sprouting new leaves weekly, but the plant will do fine under a range of lighting conditions.
Ozelot swords propagate through side shoots that grow off of leaves. These can be removed and replanted if desired, or removed and discarded to control the spread of the plant.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Alismataceae
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Adventitious shoots
Growth rate: Fast